real estate rentals, apartment, condo, serviced apartments,
semi-detached. Focus: We get for you affordable Singapore
homes. Rent or Investment.
you want to buy, rent or sell Singapore
properties, apartments, condos, houses? Asiahomes.com can help you.
Asia USA Realty
asiahomes.com Pte Ltd
Estate Agents Licence No.
10 Apr 2011
get for you affordable Singapore homes
Rent or Investment
TIPS FOR FIRST-TIME LANDLORD/BUYER
Singapore real estate
2011 CASE STUDIES FROM NO.
89 ONWARDS ARE HOPEFULLY
HELPFUL FOR THE FIRST-TIME
REALTORS IN THE CEA EXAMS.
26. Apr 10, 11. How to
calculate the new Singapore Property Tax from 2010.
THE FOLLOWING OLD CASE
STUDIES MAY BE OUTDATED.
THEY ARE LISTED FOR
25. May 13 02. The fiance/fiancee scheme of executive condos
and the HDB apartments can be a risky investment.
24. Apr 22 02. Can rental income losses be carried forward?
What the Director (Taxation) said?
23. Sep 19 00: "You got Tenant" Photo Ad.
The Englishman scolded his realtor for conniving with the
American buyer to flip his condo.
22. Aug 12 00: Caucasians wearing shoes
inside apartment will this lead to the damage of the marble
floor? Melrose Park for sale and rent.
21. Aug 6 00: What an expat wanted in a condo in August 1998?
(Reproduced from the Surfer's Girl Tips).
20. Aug 6 00: What makes a condo rentable to expats?
19. Jul 3 00: How to rent your condo slower? Facing
pool, expressway, afternoon sun, low floor, construction and
other aspects in this case study.
Be Kind to Cats: Jaundiced cats.
18. May 16, 2000: Landlords to be 15 minutes earlier if
they are serious in leasing. Don't expect prospects to
wait when there is an excessive supply of rental properties.
17. May 9, 2000: Expats with $8000 rental
budget prefer newer and spacious condos: Pebble Bay 4+2
2626 sq. ft report.
16. Apr 28 2000: 710 sq.ft suburban condos are difficult
to rent above $2000. Too many renting below $2000.
15. Apr 18 2000: What attracts the Caucasian expat to
rent your house?
14. April 17, 2000: How to be a successful
13. April 17, 2000: 3 proposals to find
tenants for a busy landlord
12. Mar 16, 2000. Black speckled
dotted granite flooring may look cool, but are not favoured by
Caucasian tenants. Big living/dining areas also
Pentagon-shaped master bedrooms.
Investors must be aware that investment apartments should not
have irregular-shaped bedrooms like the brand new Kim Yam
Heights unit visited in this house-hunting visit.
11. Odd-shaped condos are not good investments
Siblings fighting a legal
battle over an HDB apartment.
10. Buying an HDB with a parent has legal implications
in the future
Tips: Buying off-the-plan. Be careful of "self-frosting
windows" in units facing the Istana. Should you invest in a
2-bedroom or studio and where can you get >$5.00/sq. ft/month
9. Risks in buying off the plan.
8. Refinancing & renting if you can't get a good sales
7. Pretty up your unit if you want a good sales price.
A walled mirror makes a small 2-bedroom spacious,
attracting prospective tenants.
6. Poor newspaper responses to ads are common, unless
your property is great.
5. Buying 75-year leasehold properties.
4. Other property investment cases.
You have a good bargain but your lawyer says "don't buy"
because the Seller has law suits but is not a bankrupt. Does
it mean all such Sellers can't sell their properties?
Buying off-the-plan. Investors may be surprised by
unfavourable characteristics affecting rental demand. UE
Square Apartments facing the Istana have special "foggy"
windows when you go near. This affects rental demand
3. Self-frosting glass windows
2. Best not to buy from Sellers with existing real
Investment Owners need to know the competitor's asking rent if
they have unfavourably located condos. 19 Shelford and
Harbourlights Condos can still get tenants if the rent is much
lower than downtown condos.
1. Know your competition
One Sep 1997 Seller case study.
1998 - 1999 tips for buyers & sellers. May be outdated by
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES FOR RENT
ŠAsia USA Realty (Singapore) asiahomes.com
Pte Ltd. Website:
Blk 1002, Toa Payoh Lor 8,
Singapore 319074, Republic of Singapore
Estate Agents Licence No. L3007306B
Salesperson Name/Registration No. Sing Kong Yuen/R030822Z
Asia USA Realty (Singapore) asiahomes.com Pte
Finding Affordable Homes For Expatriates